Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tiny Telephone Table

So, while thrifting a few months ago, I came across an adorable little two-layer telephone table. It was pretty beat up. The legs had obviously been a doggie's play toy, and no the top part of the table was actually coming off. This how it looked when I first picked it up.







Not cute...

I have been really obsessed with a certain shade of green lately. It's sort of a chartreuse/pea soup/baby poop color. Like this, actually:

I decided I would incorporate this color into the table, but since it has 2 layers, I wanted to use more than just one color. I decided to choose three more colors, and these are the ones I chose:




After I picked out the colors, I started re-working the piece. After it was sanded, I filled in the gaps with wood filler, and added a coat of primer.
After the primer, I painted each layer, and then decided a quote would be cute somewhere on it. The quote I decided on was: "Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been." - Mark Twain

This is the finished product:






And this is the quote:


Measurements:
23" tall
26" wide
16" vertical tabletop

As of today, this table IS still available for $135.
If you are interested, email me at getthegimmies@hotmail.com
OR
Check out my Etsy Listing



No comments:

Post a Comment