Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Custom Coffee Table

I was asked to make a coffee table for a loft space in Atlanta. The walls are brick, but also have a beautiful gray in it. I decided to use that color for inspiration. This is what the walls look like:


I found a great coffee table at a thrift store. It had a LOT of personality and I instantly loved it.


It also had some pretty cheesy paintings on the cabinet doors. 


The top of the table was in pretty bad shape.



Some more BEFORE views:





The entire piece had uneven surfaces, so I sanded it down entirely. It also took quite a bit of reshaping before I applied the primer.
I painted most of piece a gorgeous steel gray color.



I obviously love steel gray...

Magazine Rack
My Bedroom

For the top and cabinet doors, I used chalkboard paint that matched the original color.
It turned out REALLY great!


I decided to keep the original hardware on it.


And a few more views:




No comments:

Post a Comment